Pros and Cons of Having a Sweetheart Table at Your Reception⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A Sweetheart table is a smaller table that solely seats the newlyweds, while the rest of the bridal party and immediate family are seated elsewhere. ⠀⠀
- You can decorate it how you want to highlight the colors of your wedding and your wedding theme
- With a sweetheart table, you can get creative with your decorations. In fact, many couples tend to dress up their table to the nines and have a great time doing it. Not only will it create a focal point for your reception, but it’s also extremely photo-worthy.
- It’s the time to spend together for the first time in public as Mr. and Mrs.
You get to enjoy some romantic time together as husband and wife
- It’s very intimate, romantic and timeless
- Guests may feel less intimidated
- If it’s just the two of you sitting at a sweetheart table guests might feel more comfortable approaching you. If it’s a whole bridal party at a long table, it may be more intimidating. However, be careful not to assume the opposite; if the table appears intentionally private, guests may be hesitant to interrupt.
- A sweetheart table will give you added attention as you can’t blend into the crowd as easily.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- It might feel isolated if you are a shy person
- Sitting at your own private table might make it feel like you’re ‘holding court’, especially if you don’t interact with guests after the meal and expect them to come to you. The best way to avoid this scenario is to be served first and mingle with your guests after you’ve eaten.
- If you want to spend time with friends and family on your wedding day you might be better off having a traditional head table rather than a sweetheart table.
- All eyes will be on you⠀⠀⠀⠀